Saturday, January 30, 2010

A little perspective, part 3

Here is an excerpt from my journal. It was written that night, on the East Fork Hood River in a little campground, in our Suburban in the presence of Almighty God. These are lyrics from several Tenth Avenue North songs.


"Please don't fight these hands that are holding you. Yeah, My hands are holding you."


"I've been holding on so tight, look at these knuckles , they've gone white
from fighting for who I want to be, I'm just trying to find security
You say let it go
You say let it go
You say life is waiting for the ones who lose control
You say you will be
Everything I need
You say if I lose my life it's then I find my soul
You say let it go."



"I'm there in your sorrow
under the weight of your shame
I'm there in your heart-ache
I'm there through the storm
My love I will keep you by My power alone"


and I finished with this prayer:


'Father, hold me until I settle down, then please speak your love and peace to me!
I love you. Please increase that love. Tear down my idols - at least expose them to me so that I might tear them down. Let there be only You!'

And He has answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment